30 September 2021 2:00am
We are pleased to offer a fully interactive online version of our popular assertiveness for women course.
Who is the course for?
The course is design for women activists and reps in UNISON Eastern region.
What will the course help me to do?
- Understand the meaning of assertive, passive and aggressive behaviour,
- Consider the nature and impact of behaviour on ourselves and others,
- Become more aware of differing behavioural styles,
- Discuss the value of assertive behaviour for women members of the union,
- Develop a more assertive approach to a range of situations,
- Feel more confident as women, and in our role in the union.
When does the course run?
The course will be run on five separate dates.
This will be via an online learning platform to support you and you will be able to interact with others that are on the course to learn and sharing of experiences.
You will need to be available online from 10am to 1pm on 30 September, 1 October, 4 October, 5 October & 6 October 2021.
Can I get time off to learn?
Yes, if you are in a recognised workplace the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 and the 1997 Safety Representative and Safety Committee Regulations give you the right to time off with pay to attend trade union courses. You just have to give your employer reasonable notice.
Guidance towards establishing what constitutes reasonable time off can be found in the ACAS Code of Practice.
How much is the course?
There is a charge of £50.00. Your branch will fund this cost and they will be invoiced once you have completed the course.
Sign me Up!
Please register below. Once you’ve signed up and your branch has confirmed you need the training, we’ll get in touch to confirm your place.
If you have any questions please contact us here.