9 February 2021 6:00pm–7:00pm
Health and Social care workers can now claim back their Immigration Health Surcharge in a reimbursement scheme. We are running this event to tell you more about how this will work and about UNISON’s campaign to scrap the surcharge.
What will this session cover?
- How the new Immigration Health Surcharge exemption will work for workers on Tier 2/Skilled worker visas,
- How the reimbursement scheme will work for all other migrant workers in Health and Social care settings,
- Information about UNISON’s campaigns on supporting migrant workers on the COVID front line,
- How to access UNISON’s free immigration advice helpline run by JCWI,
- Any questions you might have about the UK’s new immigration system as we leave the EU.
- Narmada Thiranagama, UNISON policy officer
When is it?
We are running a one-hour session via Microsoft Teams.
- 9 February 2021: 6-7pm
Please book your place below and the join link will be emailed to you.
This event is organised by UNISON Hertfordshire’s Black Self-Organised Group but is open to anyone in the Eastern region and non-members are welcome to attend.