29 June – 24 July 2020
Every five years UNISON expects our reps to participate in a training course during which you will have the opportunity to learn about the new requirements, processes, legal changes and organising initiatives which are happening across the union.
This is an opportunity for you to step outside of your current practise and reflect on what works for you as a UNISON rep and what you find to be the more challenging parts of the role.
The course is designed for you to discover new initiatives, share your experiences with other reps and to plan for how we build a strong union which can withstand the pressures put upon us in these tough times.
- To update you on new developments internally and externally which impact upon your role as a UNISON rep,
- To inform you on changes in the legislative and legal framework which affect our role in representation and organising at local level,
- To share our skills and experience to further develop our approach as UNISON reps,
- To explore how we build the strength of UNISON in a changing industrial relations environment,
- To consider how to utilise your skills and experience to encourage and mentor new UNISON reps,
- To plan more personal development opportunities in your role as a UNISON rep.
There are four modules of 90 minutes duration covering:
- Changing landscape – Covid-19 situation, latest bargaining and negotiating guidelines
- Changes in employment law and representing members (including online)
- Increasing activism in the workplace
- What’s Next?
ERA Refresher online
This online version is a pilot which UNISON Eastern region and your feedback will prove invaluable.
You must attend and complete all four modules in order to complete the course and retain your accreditation, but you can decide which session to attend each week. There will be some work in between each module that may include reading guides or contributing to a discussion forum.
You will need access to the internet via a computer or mobile device. Please register on your preferred session for each week below.
Module one – changing landscapes
Module two – changes in employment law
Module three – increasing activism
Module four – what next
Don’t forget to register for a session from every module!
Get in touch with us: