16 October 2020
We are now in a position to offer our organising H&S reps training online via webinar based tutorial sessions. The tutorials are delivered by experienced TUC tutors, over a live web based platform.
To support your progress you will be assigned a mentor from either your region or your branch. The course is 30 hours in length, over a six-week period. Much like a face-to face course, you are entitled to time off to complete the course. If you are experiencing difficulties with time off, please do let us know.
What’s the course about?
The course will help you:
- Understand the H&S reps role,
- Carry out the H&S reps duties,
- Be more effective in the role,
- Understand the key rights of health and safety reps,
- Recognise the employers responsibilities on health and safety,
- Organise members around health and safety issues,
- Understand the key legal requirements for risk assessments, and the criteria used,
- Be familiar with the UNISON approach to risk assessment.
The course is free, and is accredited by the Open College Network.
As the course involves group work and discussion, you will be expected to attend webinar-based tutorials at fixed times.
What do I need to take part?
You will need:
- A computer or tablet on which to access Microsoft Teams
- Permission from your employer if you are using their IT equipment
- Agreed facility time (time off) from your employer
- To be able to commit to attending seminars (of up to 3 hours) – dates TBA.
We are not able to send out hard copies of course related resources at the moment, you will be able to access them electronically.
If you are able to commit to this course please register your interest below and as soon as the course is set up you will be sent the links to enrol on the course.