22 – 23 November 2019
Holiday Inn, Eight Ash Green, Colchester, CO6 3QL
UNISON Eastern’s Women’s Committee annual general meeting and training event includes a menopause workshop, training on empowering women to lead, and a Nordic Model Now update.
We’re delighted that UNISON’s national women’s officer Josie Irwin will open this fantastic the two-day training event to talk about the importance of women taking an active role in the trade union movement.
The committee will hold its AGM on the Saturday to plan for the year ahead.
The regional Women’s Committee is a small committee focusing on
- organising and campaigning on women’s issues,
- facilitating the exchange of information around the region,
- working with other regional committees and the National Women’s Committee,
- raising awareness of and campaigning on issues that affect women members,
- increasing training provision that meets the particular needs and issues of women members,
- building networks and alliances with other women’s groups and organisations,
- encouraging greater participation of women members at branch, regional and national level in UNISON,
- working with and supporting branch women’s officers.
The weekend and AGM costs £75, please speak to your branch about funding the training session.