11 March 2017 2:00pm–5:00pm
Find out what’s happening, have your say, get involved!
This event is open to all young members under the age of 27.
The role of the branch young members’ officer is ideal for someone who is under the age of 27 and is interested in becoming more active in the union. The post could also be a stepping stone to become a steward or taking on wider roles. Tasks relating to the post of branch young members’ officer can include:
- To recruit new members and to encourage young members to become active in the branch
- To make sure issues of concern to young workers are raised by the branch
- To act as a focal point for all young workers in the branch and workplaces
- To receive and distribute UNISON young members information
- To encourage involvement in UNISON young members’ campaigns
- To build young members organisation and to ensure there are potential new young members’ officers in the future
Lunch will be provided and transport and other necessary expenses will be paid.
For more information email Tracey Butcher