30 January 2021 12:00pm–2:00pm
Join UNISON Eastern Young Members for our first virtual meeting!
This is an opportunity for us to discuss the issues that young public service workers have been facing during the pandemic – and to look at the ways we can organise around the challenges we’ve faced.
Our Young Members committee usually meets four times a year and has been a force for campaigning on issues that young workers have to contend with.
It is the role of the committee to make sure that young voices are heard within our union and this is a great opportunity to be involved. We will joined at the meeting by Sasha Savage, the UNISON Eastern lead for equalities.
If you’d like to attend please email John Lawrence to find out more.
Getting to know you
To help us get a better idea of how Covid has affected you please take our survey before the meeting.
All answers will be treated confidentially.
Annual general meeting
The meeting will also be the UNISON Eastern Young Members annual general meeting (AGM).
The posts are listed below and if you work in these areas or have an interest then please let us know if you would be interested in standing.
We will make sure that you are fully mentored and supported and it’s a great way to become more involved in UNISON.
The following roles are up for election:
- 12 committee members. From these we elect one chair and one vice-chair,
- One member to attend National Delegate Conference,
- Two representatives to regional council. One must be a woman and one of the two will also be a representative to the regional executive.
- Two representatives to the National Young Members Forum. In normal times, this meets in London four times a year. One representative must be a woman.
- One representative to each regional self-organised group committee.
- Black members
- Disabled members
- One representative to each regional service group committee
- Local government
- Higher education
- Water, environment and transport
- Police and justice
If you would like any more information about any of the roles, please get in touch.
A full agenda will follow.