About this job
The regional secretary is the senior paid official in the region. As the strategic head of the regional management team the successful applicant will lead the on the delivery of UNISON’s agenda in the Eastern Region.
We wish to appoint a dynamic, progressive and committed individual who understands the challenges facing the organisation and as a member of UNISON’s senior management group can make a major contribution to the development of organisational strategy and planning to achieve UNISON’s internal and external objectives and priorities.
The successful candidate will:
- Oversee the development and implementation of the national strategy in the Region and the regional plan to achieve UNISON’s national objectives
- Manage and provide strategic leadership to the Regional Management Team
- Champion and lead the implementation of strategic change in the region
- Promote partnership working with lay members through the region’s lay structures
- Develop performance standards and mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation of achieving the Region’s stated aims.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic style of management and leadership with experience in leading major change management projects
- Committed to the aims and values of UNISON. Ability to oversee the political development of the region and implementation of national campaigning objectives
- Considerable experience of handling the media and developing a media strategy
- Be familiar with appreciative enquiry management techniques.
- Practical experience of complex negotiations and the achievement of collective bargaining and policy objectives during major reorganisation and change
How to apply
Details of how to apply can be found on the national website.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.