***Time is running out – claim by 15 February for your Winter Fuel Grant***
With rising fuel costs and another cold winter many members are worried about how they’re going to pay this year’s winter fuel bills.
But help is at hand.
There for You, UNISON’s welfare arm, has set up a limited fund to help UNISON members on low income with their winter fuel bills by way of a one-off payment of up to £60.
More information can be found on the There For You website or by ringing UNISON Direct on 0800 0857 857 between 6am-midnight Monday to Friday and 9am-4pm Saturday.
Questions and answers
What are UNISON There for You Winter Fuel Grants?
In addition to our normal range of services and in response to the growing difficulty many members on low income are experiencing paying their fuel bills, a programme has been put in place that will assist our most vulnerable members.
How much are the Grants?
They are one-off grants of up to £60 per household.
Am I eligible?
- You must be a UNISON member and have paid four weeks subscriptions before the launch date of this programme (3/12/18),
- Have a total net annual household income of £18,000 or less. (Note: By ‘net income’ we mean all salary including your partner’s after tax, national insurance, superannuation and trade union subscriptions only. Your calculation should include any Tax Credits, Universal Credit or child maintenance received. Do not include Child Benefit, the childcare element of Working Tax Credit, Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment,
- You are responsible for meeting the household fuel bills and are struggling financially.
Is there anything else that may affect my entitlement to apply?
- You and your partner (if applicable) must not have combined savings, or rolling bank balance, of more than £800,
- You must not have received financial assistance from UNISON There for You during the previous six months (excluding School Uniform Grant),
- Applications are limited to one per household and priority is given to those who have not previously applied for the winter fuel grant.
How do I apply?
To apply for a Winter Fuel Grant simply:
- Print out and complete the Final Winter Fuel Grant Application Form,
- Alternatively, download from our website,
- Or contact UNISON Direct on 0800 0857 857 between 6am-midnight Monday-Friday and 9am-4pm Saturday for a form to be posted to you.
Then provide us with evidence of you/your partner’s entire income by sending copies of the supporting paperwork.
We must receive your application by 15 February 2019.
Applications will then be processed and decisions communicated over the following weeks.
Find out more on the UNISON website.