8 – 24 March 2017
Est of England Co-Op, Education Centre, 11 Fore Street, Ipswich, IP4 1JW
This course will run on 8th, 9th, 10th, 23rd and 24th March 2017
Branch Health and Safety Officers
This course will help you gain the knowledge and skills to become an effective branch health and safety officer.
It is suitable for Health and safety representatives who are thinking of standing for the position of branch health and safety officer, or people currently in the role.
The course will help you to:
• find out about your role as a UNISON branch health and safety officer;
• practice the skills that a branch health and safety officer needs;
• gain confidence to support members in the branch effectively;
• understand the employer’s health and safety management strategy and your role in engaging with management;
• understand the respective roles of health and safety representatives and members;
• understand how the branch can operate across more than one employer;
• develop an understanding of where you fit within branch organisation;
• build branch organisation;
• update your knowledge of legal and other standards, and know where to get further information.
How the course will work
The course involves group work and discussion and is a good opportunity to network and share ideas and experiences.
You may be asked to find out information from your branch and employer in advance.