1 March 2017 9:30am–4:30pm
Kings House, Bedford, 245 Ampthill Road, Bedford, MK42 9AZ
This course will run on 1, 8th, 14th, 22nd and 29th of March 2017.
Who is it for?
This 5 day Organising Stewards course is the essential course for stewards who are either newly appointed, or who have been stewards for a little while and have never attended a Stewards course.
What will it be about?
This course aims to develop your skills, knowledge and confidence to enable you to carry out the role of a steward in UNISON, including to
• understand the role of an organising union in public services
• recognise the importance of equalities in UNISON
• work with members to tackle issues in the workplace
• work with members in resolving cases
• know where and when to seek advice and guidance
• understand how procedures work in practice
• handle grievance and disciplinary and similar types of cases as the representative of UNISON members within your workplace
• be certified as competent to accompany members at a disciplinary and grievance hearing in order to comply with Employment Relations Act 1999
• understand the broader roles in which UNISON operates, including internationally