23 October – 13 November 2023
Every five years UNISON expects our reps to participate in a course to learn about the new requirements, processes, legal changes and organising initiatives from across the union. This blended course combines online educational materials and opportunities for interaction online and is delivered by experienced regional organising staff.
Why take it?
This is an opportunity for you to step outside of your current practice and reflect on what works for you as a UNISON rep and what you find to be the more challenging parts of the role. The course is designed for you to discover new initiatives, share your experiences with other reps and to plan for how we build strong union which can withstand the pressures put upon us in these tough times.
- To update you on new developments internally and externally which impact upon your role as a UNISON rep,
- To inform you on changes in the legislative and legal framework which affect our role in representation and organising at local level,
- To share our skills and experience to further develop our approach as UNISON reps,
- To explore how we build the strength of UNISON in a changing industrial relations environment,
- To consider how to utilise your skills and experience to encourage and mentor new UNISON reps,
- To plan more personal development opportunities in your role as a UNISON rep.
When does the course run?
You will be required to be online from 10am to 12pm on 23, 30 October, 6 and 13 November. You must attend all 4 sessions.
The course will be facilitated by Microsoft Teams.
How much is the course?
There is a charge of £40. Your branch will fund this cost and they will be invoiced once you have completed the course.
If you have any questions regarding the course, then please contact email@example.com