16 December 2023 10:30am–12:30pm
Online via Teams
All disabled UNISON members in the Eastern region are welcome to attend this online annual general meeting.
It’s a great opportunity to network virtually and share common experiences as well as elect your committee members to represent the common issues affecting disabled people in society and the the workplace.
We also elect members to other regional and national decision-making bodies in the union to ensure disabled voices are heard throughout UNISON.
About the committee
The regional disabled members committee meets four times a year and focuses on:
- Organising and campaigning on issues affecting disabled members;
- Facilitating the exchange of information around the region;
- Working with other regional committees and the national disabled members committee;
- Increasing training provision that meets the particular needs and issues of disabled members;
- Building networks and alliances with other disability groups and organisations;
- Encouraging greater participation of disabled members at branch, regional and national level in UNISON;
- Work with and support branch disabled members officers.
For the full functions and governance of the committee, please read the constitution.
You do not have to have any qualifications or expert knowledge to be on the committee.
The committee also works on the resolutions from national disabled members conference and develops policy, advice and guidance. We also collaborate and support other self-organised group campaigns.
You can nominate yourself or a fellow member onto the committee. If you wish to nominate yourself, please do so before 5pm on 24 November 2023. If you want to nominate someone else the deadline is 5pm on 1 December 2023.
Please fill in the form below to nominate yourself or someone else.
You can read about the committee roles below.
Please note that to register to attend you’ll need to fill in the separate form at the bottom of the page.
Please fill in your details below to register before 5pm on 1 December.
Once we received confirmation of your attendance, a Teams link with the agenda, minutes of 2022 AGM and all relevant paperwork for the AGM will be sent separately via email to all registered delegates on Wednesday 6 December 2023.