13 – 15 August 2019
Cambridge Professional Development Centre, CB2 9NL
Having run Assertiveness for Women very successfully earlier in the year, we are pleased to be able to offer this externally facilitated course once again for our Activist Summer School.
This three day course has been specially designed for women members of UNISON Eastern Region and is one that is open to both women activists/reps and ordinary women members.
The course will help those taking part to:
- understand the meaning of assertive, passive and aggressive behaviour,
- consider the nature and impact of behaviour on ourselves and on others,
- become more aware of differing behavioural styles,
- discuss the value of assertive behaviour for women members of the union,
- practise developing a more assertive approach to a range of situations,
- feel more confident as women, and in our role in the union.